Who are DIC Member Institutions?
Once a licensed banking institution has Bahamian Dollar deposits, membership in the DIC is compulsory. While credit unions have Bahamian dollar savings of their members, these are not covered under the existing DIC scheme. Also, US dollar and other foreign currency deposits held at member institutions are not eligible for insurance cover.
Current list of DIC Member institutions (as at 1st March, 2017)
- Ansbacher (Bahamas) Limited
- Bank of The Bahamas Limited
- The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Bahamas) Limited
- Citibank N.A.
- Commonwealth Bank Limited
- Fidelity Bank (Bahamas) Limited
- Finance Corporation of Bahamas Limited
- FirstCaribbean International Bank (Bahamas) Limited
- RBC Royal Bank (Bahamas) Limited
- Royal Bank of Canada Trust Company (Bahamas) Limited
- Royal Fidelity Merchant Bank & Trust Limited
- Scotiabank (Bahamas) Limited